Internationally accepted professional accreditation standard for Clinical Research Investigators. Suitable for professionals already working as a Clinical Research Investigators as well as those looking to transition into the role (who already have the required experience or have completed the relevant training and want to evidence their competence for the role to Sponsors, CROs and Patients).
Accreditation Program Outline
The Internationally Qualified Clinical Research Investigator (QM-IAOCR) professional standard was developed in conjunction with global clinical trial experts and enables appropriately qualified medical professionals to gain accreditation and professional recognition as a Clinical Research Investigator. You may already have a Clinical Research Site Investigator Certification, and are now looking to achieve a formal, internationally accepted accreditation to demonstrate your competence and ability to work to best-practice global standards.
Individuals must provide evidence that they can demonstrate all the relevant core competencies expected of a competent site based Clinical Research Investigator*.
The accreditation process is focused on determining whether someone has the skills, knowledge and behaviors to fulfil their role, measured against a set of robust accredited assessment criteria which have been developed from the core competency framework validated by the industry.
This unique and independently accredited program uses assessment criteria mapped to the International Standard Classification of Education developed by UNESCO. Professionals successfully passing the accreditation assessment are awarded IAOCR Internationally Qualified Status (QM-IAOCR), which is internationally accepted and identifiable to educational establishments and employers globally.
1. Please note that IAOCR does not provide training. The purpose of our accreditations is to competence verify individuals who have already received training through another provider, and/or gained the necessary ‘on the job’ experience. (See entry requirements for further details).
2. All our career accreditation programs are developed from global core competency frameworks ratified by the industry for that specific role. However, they do not assess competency in local/country laws or regulations that may be applicable to your role in your region/country. Please ensure that you take responsibility to be competent in any relevant local/country legislation in addition to receiving IAOCR international accreditation.
AWhat does the Accreditation assessment involve?
Normally one working day before the program start date, you will be sent a link to access your online assessment portal. The assessment is a blend of multiple-choice questions, questions requiring free text answers and interactive scenarios designed to test your competence as a site-based Clinical Research Investigator (this is your ‘Portfolio of Evidence’). Upon completion of your assessment, your portfolio will be sent to the IAOCR Assessment team for review and independent verification.
If you have successfully passed the accreditation you will be awarded the following:
- A Certificate of Accreditation
- A Professional Certification Mark (displaying your award date, unique registration number and the title of your accreditation
- The designatory letters Q-IAOCR – Internationally Qualified Clinical Research Investigator
Accreditation documents are normally awarded within 6 weeks of assessment submission (see Program Registration section for details).
How long does it take to complete the assessment?
On average, the assessment takes up to 2 hours to complete. You can complete the assessment in your own time, but you must ensure that your final submission adheres to the deadline for assessment submission according to your registration date (see table in program registration section).
Before enrolling on the Q-IAOCR Internationally Qualified Clinical Research Investigator program, it is important that you confirm that your career and educational/training background has provided you with the necessary experience to complete the competence assessment areas listed below. Please ensure that you have self-certified your ability to complete the accreditation assessment before enrolling on the program by confirming your experience in the following assessment areas (which are applicable to the level of responsibility for an Investigator role):
- Regulatory frameworks and reporting requirements for clinical trials
- Clinical trial protocols and designs
- Data management and data integrity in clinical trials
- Patient rights, safety, consent, confidentiality in clinical trials
- Data collection in clinical trials (including DCTs)
- Drug development process
- Management & communication in clinical trials (how do we differentiate this bit from the other two roles?)
- Document maintenance & budget management
- Process and relevant documentation for start-up and close-out
- Quality and risk management in clinical trials
- Understanding of the Investigational Medicinal Product (IMP)
- Role of stakeholders in Clinical Trials
- ICH-GCP and good clinical practice
*All prices are inclusive of VAT – if you require a VAT invoice please email email@example.com once you have your booking confirmation.
The 2023 cohort registration dates for Q-IAOCR Internationally Qualified Clinical Research Investigator are below:
Award of Accreditation Certificates and Professional Certification Marks normally happens within 6 weeks of assessment submission.
If your preferred start date is not currently listed below, you can contact us to register your interest and we will email you when registration opens.
|Registration Dates||Program Start Date||Deadline for Assessment Submission|
|Registration open until 05 May 2023||10 May 2023||07 Jun 2023|
|Registration open until 16 Jun 2023||21 Jun 2023||19 Jul 2023|
|Registration open until 16 Sep 2023||20 Sep 2023||18 Oct 2023|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Before enrolling for this program, as well certifying you have met the entry requirements, you must also read the Terms and Conditions relating to the sale and completion of our online accreditation programs. You will be asked to accept these terms and conditions at checkout. Thank you.