Internationally accepted professional accreditation for site-based Clinical Research Nurses. Suitable for professionals already working as a site-based clinical research nurse as well as those looking to transition from a qualified nurse role into a clinical trial site setting (who already have the required experience or have completed training in clinical research nursing and want to evidence their competence to Sponsors, CROs, Employers and Patients).
Accreditation Program Outline
The Internationally Qualified Clinical Trial Site Nurse (Q-IAOCR) professional standard was developed in conjunction with global clinical trial experts and enables qualified nurses to gain professional recognition as a Clinical Trial Site Nurse. You may already have a Clinical Research Nurse certification, and are now looking to achieve a formal, internationally accepted accreditation to demonstrate your ability to work to best-practice global standards.
Individuals must provide evidence that they can demonstrate all the relevant core competencies expected of a competent clinical trial site nurse*. The accreditation process is focused on determining whether someone has the skills, knowledge and behaviours to fulfil their role, measured against a set of robust accredited assessment criteria which have been developed from the core competency framework validated by the industry.
This unique and independently accredited program uses assessment criteria mapped to the International Standard Classification of Education developed by UNESCO. Accreditation leads to professional recognition as a Clinical Trial Site Nurse. Participants successfully passing the accreditation assessment are awarded IAOCR Internationally Qualified Status (Q-IAOCR), which is accepted by educational establishments and employers globally.
1. Please note that IAOCR does not provide training. The purpose of our accreditations is to competence verify individuals who have already received training through another provider, and/or gained the necessary ‘on the job’ experience. (See entry requirements for further details).
2. All our career accreditation programs are developed from global core competency frameworks ratified by the industry for that specific role. However, they do not assess competency in local/country laws or regulations that may be applicable to your role in your region/country. Please ensure that you take responsibility to be competent in any relevant local/country legislation in addition to receiving IAOCR international accreditation.
What does the Accreditation assessment involve?
Normally one working day before the program start date, you will be sent a link to access your online assessment portal. The assessment is a blend of multiple-choice questions, questions requiring free text answers and interactive scenarios designed to test your competence as a Clinical Trial Site Nurse (this is your ‘Portfolio of Evidence’). Upon completion of your assessment, your portfolio will be sent to the IAOCR Assessment team for review and independent verification.
If you have successfully passed the accreditation you will be awarded the following:
- A Certificate of Accreditation
- An Professional Certification Mark (displaying your award date and unique registration number)
- The Designatory letters Q-IAOCR – Internationally Qualified Clinical Trial Site Nurse.
Accreditation documents are normally awarded within 6 weeks of assessment submission (see Program Registration section for details).
How long does it take to complete the assessment?
On average, the assessment takes up to 2 hours to complete. You can complete the assessment in your own time, but you must ensure that your final submission adheres to the deadline for assessment submission according to your program start date (see table in program registration section).
Before enrolling on the Q-IAOCR Internationally Qualified Clinical Trial Site Nurse accreditation program, it is important you confirm that your career and educational background has provided you with the necessary experience to complete the competence assessment areas listed below. Please ensure that you have self-certified your ability to complete the accreditation assessment before enrolling on the programme by confirming your experience in the following assessment areas:
- Protocols, designs and regulatory framework for clinical trials
- Data management and integrity in clinical trials
- Patient rights safety, wellbeing and confidentiality in clinical trials
- Drug Development, management and communication in clinical trials
- Document maintenance and budgeting in clinical trials
- Processes and essential documents relevant to clinical trials from start up to close out
- Legal regulatory frameworks and reporting processes for clinical trials
- Quality and risk management in clinical trials
- Management of Investigational Medicinal product & drug accountability in clinical trials
- Stakeholder management
- Decentralised trials: patient protection, data collection and communication
- ICH GCP and good clinical practices
*All prices are inclusive of VAT – if you require a VAT invoice please email firstname.lastname@example.org once you have your booking confirmation.
The 2023 cohort registration dates for Q-IAOCR Internationally Qualified Clinical Trial Site Nurse Accreditation are listed below.
Award of Accreditation Certificates and Professional Certification Marks normally happens within 4 weeks of assessment submission.
If your preferred start date is not currently listed below, you can contact us to register your interest and we will email you when registration opens.
|Registration Dates||Program Start Date||Deadline for Assessment Submission|
|Registration open until 24 Mar 2023||29 Mar 2023||26 Apr 2023|
|Registration open until 16 Jun 2023||21 Jun 2023||19 Jul 2023|
|Registration open until 15 Sep 2023||20 Sep 2023||18 Oct 2023|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Before enrolling for this program, as well certifying you have met the entry requirements, you must also read the Terms and Conditions relating to the sale and completion of our online accreditation programs. You will be asked to accept these terms and conditions at checkout. Thank you.